Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Poem: I Love Life

What I love about life is that it is expecting that we love unconditionally.

What I love about life is that it gives you the freedom to love or not.

What I love about life is that we have choices: we can choose to breathe, or not; we can choose to listen, or not; we can choose to hug, or not; we can choose to celebrate, or not; we can choose to sing, or not.

What I love about life is that it expects me to be me, whether people like that or not.

What I love about life is that I get to embrace it every moment I remember to, and I get to feel life hugging me back.

I remember when I was first writing poems and got my first $75 award for second place in a contest that I had a moment of epiphany: I could write poems or I could live like a poet, breathing and living inspired... I vowed to live like a poet...

I love life!